Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
small yellow Peziza from Germany
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 30-01-2019 20:55
Lothar Krieglsteiner

... only 1 ascoma, found at 2.6.2014 in Thuringia, National Park "Hainich", on bark of a lying log of Quercus. The very small apothecium was about 8 mm large (or so). First I did not think of a Peziza but the asci are clearly iodine-positive. The spores I measured are about 16,5-18,5/8,5-10 µm, but there are (almost) only spores inside the ascus. The ascoma is perhaps not fully ripe, but the spores show a well-developed ornamentation.

Today I re-examined it and made new fotos - but I do not come to a conclusion again.

Can somebody give me a hint?

Best regards from Lothar

P.S. The last foto was taken at the day of collection (there was few time then) - and as far as I remember (right?) it was examined in water - so the spore could be living still.

• message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
  • message #56059
Hans-Otto Baral, 30-01-2019 21:01
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : small yellow Peziza from Germany
Hallo Lothar!

Yes, the last photo shows living spores. The asci react blue only at the apex or entirely?

With very small you actually mean 8 mm or 0.8 mm (for me 8 mm is very large :-).

Zotto
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 30-01-2019 21:08
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Zotto,

thank you very much for the confirmation of the living spore.

8 mm is very large for a Calycellina or a Hamatocanthoscypha (or better: much too large), but for a ripe Peziza 8 mm is quite small.

The asci react blue as a whole, but the most at the top - as is quite typical for a Peziza. Or do you have another idea?

Best regards, Lothar

Hans-Otto Baral, 30-01-2019 21:41
Hans-Otto Baral
I am not very familiar in Peziza, but I think a photo in IKI would be helpful. I thought that most larger species of Peziza (you are right with the size) react only at the top but I may be wrong.
Viktorie Halasu, 31-01-2019 08:03
Viktorie Halasu
Dear Lothar,

I've seen similar collection and called it P. polaripapulata, those small LBs and ornamentation with flat polar caps looked the same. Young apothecia were plainly yellow, only later they gradually changed to olive with coarsely furfuraceous receptacle. But in Hansen et al 1998 (New and rare species of Pezizales from calcareous woodlands in Denmark) they say this species should have aporhynchous base (the collection I studied had croziers too).

Viktorie

Lothar Krieglsteiner, 31-01-2019 09:34
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Victorie,

thanks a lot for your hint - I did not think of an apiculate form, because the ornament is not very conspicuously stronger at the spore ends for me. But perhaps this judgment is not right.

Best regards, Lothar

Lothar Krieglsteiner, 31-01-2019 15:05
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Zotto,

I did not take a foto of the IKI-reaction of the ascus-apices. Those reacted strong, and a small way down the reaction stopped or got weaker, as is typical for Peziza. But the region of the basal asci (above the subhymenium) stained bluish as a whole, so I considered the whole asci as positive (see picture). But - I do not think this character is of high value in Peziza, at least not as far as I know.

Best regards, Lothar

• message #56074
Till Lohmeyer, 31-01-2019 16:24
Hi, Viktorie & Lothar - 

it's funny - when I first saw the picture of the fungus I spontaneously thought of a collection of what we determined later on as Peziza obtusapiculata, i.e. an apiculate species like P. polaripapulata. The ecology would fit, too. The lack of the typical apiculi could be due to the fact that Lothar's specimen was not yet fully mature. But if that were the case, we would have to assume that the apiculi develop only very late, as in some Gyromitra/Discina species. I do not know whether this process has already been scientifically studied with special regard to the apiculate Pezizas.

Regards, Till 

Hans-Otto Baral, 31-01-2019 16:51
Hans-Otto Baral
I remember it is important in Peziza to illustrate exactly where a reaction takes place. In P. subisabellina the entire ascus reacts pale blue, but I see this is now a Pachyella. Also Peziza isabellina is depicted so by Boudier. And Peziza gerardii/ionella reacts this way. A diffusely blue reaction in the upper region only I saw in P. bubaci.

I cannot find an indication for a Peziza that reacts strongly blue at the apex and weakly so down to the base. Maybe someone knows.

Zotto
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 31-01-2019 22:54
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hallo Till und Zotto,

vielen Dank für die weiteren interessanten Informationen! Mal sehen, ob sich noch etwas ergibt ...

Herzliche Grüße von Lothar

Andreas Gminder, 01-02-2019 13:48
Andreas Gminder

Hallo Lothar,

ich wäre auch recht sicher, dass dies P. polaripapulata ist.

Jung feucht olivschwarzgrün, dann mehr und mehr ockergelb.

Das Ornament ist nur eine polare Verdickung, kein echtes abstehendes Ornament wie bei den anderen apiculatsporigen, und soweit ich weiß ist polaripapulata auch gar nicht direkt mit apicualta und den anderen verwandt.

Ich habe die Art(en) in einem Artikel im Boletus jüngst gegenübergestellt. Ich maile dir den mal zu.

beste Grüße,
Andreas

Lothar Krieglsteiner, 01-02-2019 13:52
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hallo Andreas,

vielen Dank für die Bestätigung von Victories Vermutung!

Der Fund stammt ja aus dem Hainich-Projekt - vielleicht kann er noch zugeordnet werden. Eine Stammnummer habe ich nicht mehr, aber mit dem Datum und der Notiz auf dem Zettel müsste es noch gehen (?).

Ja - den Artikel von Dir nehme ich gerne :-)

Lieben Gruß von Lothar