Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Paper from J.T. Palmer
Uwe Lindemann, 05-07-2011 15:39
Uwe LindemannHello Forum,
I have a question: J.T. Palmer should have written a paper on Sclerotinia capillipes. I myself searched for this paper on the internet but I found nothing. Does anyone know where Palmer has written something about S. capillipes?
Thank you for your help in advance!
Uwe

Peter Welt, 05-07-2011 21:35
Peter Welt
Re : Paper from J.T. Palmer
Vielleich meinst du diesen Artikel:

Palmer, J.T. (1988). Some interesting Belgian Sclerotiniaceae and
circumpolar species from Northern Britain and Alaska. Investigations into the
Sclerotiniaceae - VII. Lejeunia n.s., 127: 1-40: Département de
Botanique, Sart Tilman.

Wenn du neuere Literatur suchst (Kannst du nach Autor oder Gattung suchen) hier:

http://www.speciesfungorum.org/BSM/bsm.asp

Gruß Peter 
Uwe Lindemann, 06-07-2011 08:13
Uwe Lindemann
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your help!
Do you have this paper? Is there something about S. capillipes in it?
Until now I know the title of seventeen different papers that Palmer wrote about species from the family of Sclerotiniaceae, but there are probably even more.
The problem is, nothing is specific about S. capillipes...
Best,
Uwe
Raúl Tena Lahoz, 06-07-2011 09:37
Raúl Tena Lahoz
Hi Uwe

I´m also interested in information about Sclerotinia capillipes :-)
My friend J. Ormad found recently a ¿Sclerotinia? with a sclerotium with a shape as shown on Zotto´s drawing "Sclerotinia capillipes cf., HB 2060". The problem is that all structures were desintegrated before I could study it properly. So I have no info about number of spores in asci, etc. I only have micro pics of spores, sclerotium. Spores when mature seem to have four nuclei in our collection, but not completely sure, and soon they duplicate its number?. I attach macro and spores overmature.

Raúl
  • message #15753
  • message #15753
Uwe Lindemann, 07-07-2011 19:47
Uwe Lindemann
Hi Raúl,
macroscopically your finding seem to be similar to S. capillipes. I know these sclerotia in the form of a black "banana". The spores are looking in fact overmature. Normally they are hyalin without any oil drops. But  - you know - without other microscopically features (e.g. the 4spored asci) you can't be sure whether it's capillipes or not.
At the time I am preparing a paper about S. capillipes and the different interpretations of the taxon. When it is finished, I can send it to you. (Unfortunately is it written in german.)
This is the reason why I'm searching for the paper of Palmer.
Best, Uwe
Raúl Tena Lahoz, 07-07-2011 20:13
Raúl Tena Lahoz
Thanks Uwe!
I´m interested in your paper, even if it is in German ;-) 
Please send me a digital copy when you finish it.
Raúl
Hans-Otto Baral, 09-07-2011 10:05
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi all

Only now I realized your answers. It was me who remembers something about capillipes written by Terry. Now, the article Peter suggested seems not the right one (I have only a hard copy of it), but the other could be:

Palmer, J.T. (1992). The rehabilitation of Sclerotinia bresadolae. Persoonia Suppl., 14(4): 475-481.?

bresadolae is a Ciborinia, so perhaps here is what I remember. I only cannot find this article. Does someone know, is it possible to download Persoonia?

Zotto
Guy Garcia, 10-07-2011 08:38
Salut Zotto,

Je te ferai un pdf de cet article la semaine prochaine, mais il n'y est pas fait mention de capillipes. Palmer démontre seulement la synonymie entre bresadolae et hirtella.
J'ai plusieurs articles de Palmer sur les Sclerotiniaceae mais je n'y ai pas trouvé d'études sur Sclerotinia capillipes !
Cette espèce a fait l'objet d'une combinaison dans le genre Moellerodiscus par Sharma mais je n'ai pas cet article.
SHARMA M.P.                1986                Indian Sclerotiniaceae: a floristic analysis.                Plant Disease Research, Ludhiana: Indian Society of Plant Pathologists                1                1-2                41-45.
Si quelqu'un peut fournir ce papier, je suis intéressé.

Uwe, si ça t'intéresse j'ai quelques références bibliographiques pour Sclerotinia capillipes.
Amitiés, Guy

Hans-Otto Baral, 10-07-2011 09:09
Hans-Otto Baral
Dear Guy

I am not very sure whether the name capillipes is mentioned in Terry's paper. I only recall that he treats the species which we know quite well, with usually 4-spored asci but sometimes also eight, and banana-sclerotia, smooth apothecia unlike C. bresadolae.

Zotto
Guy Garcia, 10-07-2011 11:31
Entre deux clients j'ai pu faire le pdf. Le voici.
Bonne lecture
Hans-Otto Baral, 10-07-2011 12:02
Hans-Otto Baral
Thanks, Guy - no it is clear that it wasn't this paper :-(

Zotto
Uwe Lindemann, 10-07-2011 22:28
Uwe Lindemann
Hi Guy,
I'm very interested in references about capillipes. Thanks!
I have the paper of Sharma. I can make a pdf und I will send it to your e-mail. In this paper is NO descritption of capillipes. And in my opinion it is not clear why Sharma made a new combination of capillipes.
Best, Uwe

Uwe Lindemann, 11-07-2011 00:05
Uwe Lindemann
Hi,
I found also the titles of the following two papers of Palmer: 
- Palmer, J.T.; Tortic, M.; Matocec, N. 1994. Sclerotiniaceae (Discomycetes) collected in the former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Österreichische Zeitschrift für Pilzkunde 3: 41-70.

- Palmer, J.T. 1988. Some interesting Belgian Sclerotiniaceae and circumpolar species from Northern Britain and Alaska. Investigations into the Sclerotiniaceae – VII. Lejeunia Nouvelle série 127: 1-40.

Does somebody know / have this papers? Is maybe in one of the papers a description of S. capillipes?

Best, Uwe

Beñat Jeannerot, 11-07-2011 05:54
Beñat Jeannerot
Adio Uwe,

Perhaps I can help you with two different ways :

- First article : I have seen the name Neven Matocec in author list. So, I have sent a mail to my friend Neven to obtain this article. I'll keep you in the loop.
- Second article : I can obtain a photocopy of Lejeunia article in ten days. I know a library where I can find this journal. And I'll go in two weeks. After, I'll scan the copy and send you by mail in pdf format. But you must wait.

Amically,

Beñat

Hans-Otto Baral, 11-07-2011 08:32
Hans-Otto Baral
Adio Benat et al.

I have cautiously looked through the two papers you mention and there is definitely nothing about our fungus.

Yesterday I have written to Ricardo Galán, he was in close contact with Terry, so I assume he has all hsi papers.

Zotto
Uwe Lindemann, 11-07-2011 08:39
Uwe Lindemann
Hi Zotto, hi Benat,
thanx a lot for your help!!!
Best, Uwe
Beñat Jeannerot, 22-07-2011 07:10
Beñat Jeannerot
Adio Uwe,

I sent you the first, transmitted by Neven and Ivana.
But have you obtained the second ?
If not, I can see this today.

Beñat