Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Hysterobrevium smilacis?
Björn Wergen, 11-05-2011 00:50
Björn WergenHi,

Yesterday I checked my Gloniopsis finding again and made some new photos from it. I have compared it with my G. praelonga and I do not think that this is the same species, because the shape of the spores is different from G. praelonga.

After using a key from E. Boehm it seems as if my recolt is H. smilacis...but is it right? I show you the pics and perhaps you can help me ;)

substrate is Salix sp.

many thanks and regards,
Kazuya
----------------------
macro (x40)
  • message #15206
Björn Wergen, 11-05-2011 00:50
Björn Wergen
Re:Hysterobrevium smilacis?
micro
  • message #15207
Alain GARDIENNET, 11-05-2011 10:30
Alain GARDIENNET
Yes, it is.
I recognize the typical form of ascospores.
It's a very common species. I have a lot of various substrates (perhaps more than 15) for it.
I've never seen praelonga. On Rubus, always I have found smilacis for example.
I think a lot of mycologists named praelonga recolts refering to smilacis.
So I would be very interested to see a true praelonga. I read you have a recolt ?
Best regards,
Alain
Björn Wergen, 11-05-2011 13:01
Björn Wergen
Hi Alain,

thank you for the answer. I had the same thoughts about G. praelonga, after comparing the two species I recognized that my literature about G. praelonga and my own finding have to be redeterminated. My finding "G. praelonga" has spore size 18-22x9-10,5 µm and mostly 3-4 septa. Perhaps is is not G. praelonga and also not H. smilacis, I will show it here:

• message #15212
Björn Wergen, 11-05-2011 13:02
Björn Wergen
micro

substrate is Crataegus sp.
  • message #15213
Alain GARDIENNET, 11-05-2011 16:39
Alain GARDIENNET
Yes it is smilacis again.
@lain
Björn Wergen, 11-05-2011 20:04
Björn Wergen
thanks again, it seems as if it is difficult to find the "real" G. praelonga...

regards,
Kazuya
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-05-2011 11:08
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi you both,

I cannot avoid saying that I never heard of G. smilacis, but have lots of praelonga collections :-) What literature do you both refer?

I compared Kazama's micros with mine, and I concluded, that this might be different because of the large oil drops. I paste here a "typical" G. praelonga. I admit it is frm Australia, but we (Guy and I) have very often seen something similar here.

Zotto
  • message #15218
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-05-2011 11:10
Hans-Otto Baral
W-Australia, Perth, Eucalyptus branch 1cm thick, decort. Spores without thick gel sheath, *(26-)28-30 x 10-12 µm.
  • message #15219
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-05-2011 11:15
Hans-Otto Baral
Here is a specimen from Czechia (Karlsteijn), on Cornus mas, thermophilous forest with Dictamnus.

Spores not measured.

Zotto
  • message #15220
Alain GARDIENNET, 12-05-2011 16:12
Alain GARDIENNET
Hi Zotto,
Your additional messages are very interesting, and at once I thank you to show a true Gloniopsis praelonga (probably). I've never seen it under microscope or on photo. In fact, your australian Gloniopsis is perhaps the true praelonga : ascospores obovoid, with obtuse ends, with generally more than 1 vertical septum.
I'm very very happy to see them. Again thanks a lot.
Your recolt on Cornus would be smilacis. Ascospores more asymetrical, with end more acute, as in Kaza-Björn's Gloniopsis.
The reference is Eric Boehm's web site : http://www.eboehm.com . He has made a fantastic synthesis.
Alain
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-05-2011 18:58
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Alain

yes, in principle I know Erics website, but I had not yet the time to go through all.

Good to hear that. Does peaelonga at all exist in Europe? I have also material of a probably different taxon from Australia with very conspicuous gel sheaths around the ellipsoid spores. But I have now no time to show it, I need to leave to England in a few hours...

Cheers
Zotto
Björn Wergen, 12-05-2011 19:08
Björn Wergen
Hi,

my H. smilacis vs. G. praelonga thread seems to be more interesting as expected, especially with these specimens from Australia, also from me many thanks for showing the photos.

After deleting photographics from G. praelonga in my database, there is a hole now that needs to fill with new material, otherwise I have to delete the whole data about G. praelonga. For now my program "I Funghi" is just for myself to determine species (especially Dothideomycetes), but after filling it with own material I will try to release it on DVD or something. Anyway, for now I am happy about any problem which is solved, and H. smilacis - G. praelonga WAS a problem (for me^^)

regards,
Kazuya