Bonsoir, J'aimerais avoir votre avis sur ce Cordy

28-08-2024 18:26

Peter Welt Peter Welt

BARRON GL, CAIN RF, GILMAN JC (1961): A revision o

27-08-2024 19:03

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

I found some Hymenoscyphus-like apothecia on cupul

27-08-2024 17:12

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I would like to consult this little Peziza,

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
White apos on Fagus cupules, possibly Calycina
B Shelbourne, 03-09-2024 19:13
B Shelbourne• First, I thought it may be Hymenoscyphus but then macro looked strange.
• The paraphyses, macro, and maybe the spores, make me think of Calycina.
• I was surprised that the apical rings were inamyloid.
• Any feedback and suggestions of what to look for or get a better look at appreciated.

Found yesterday (early September) on cupules of Fagus sylvatica, after rain but cupules still quite dry, in shallow litter, probably thousands of cupules (only 2/~100 checked with apothecia), in a clearing under several mature trees, in mixed deciduous woodland, South Downs, England.

Apothecia: Whitish, slightly translucent, very small, cupulate, short stipitate, solitary to 2-caespitose, possibly browning slightly with age, appear superficial but some growing under hair-like covering of the cupule, immature appear globose with disc opening early, gelatinous appearance and texture (difficult to squash), receptacle with pruinose/frosted appearance, margin looks more whitish, often undulating, disc concave, more smooth and translucent appearance, some apothecia with short, irregular, whitish hyphae protruding from the receptacle but may not be natural, no subiculum or extensive anchoring hyphae observed.

Excudate: Considerable brownish to yellowish gelatinous substance in the slides.

Spores: 7-9.4 x 2.3-2.8 um, Q = 2.5-3.3, n = 10, mean = 8.1 x 2.7 um, Qmean = 3, broadly cylindrical, slightly curved in profile view, homopolar, with 2-3 large to medium, yellowish-greenish VBs and some small LBs. most appearing aseptate but some mature spores in asci appear to have a single septa.

Asci: 8-spored, apical rings inamyloid, apex hemispherical to rounded, apical thickening < 1 um, tapering, I think croziers seen but not sure.

Paraphyses: Appear longer than asci, narrow cylindrical, slightly inflated towards the apex, multi-septate, long hyaline VBs, especially towards the apex, no branching observed.
  • message #80097
  • message #80097
  • message #80097