Angel Pintos Angel Pintos

Hello, anybody body has:Pande A. and Rao, V.G. (1

16-07-2024 18:32

Andgelo Mombert Andgelo Mombert

Bonsoir, Un discomycète sur Liochlaena lanceolat

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Hyalorbilia erythrostigma help
Hardware Tony, 12-04-2022 15:44
Hardware TonyI located what appears to be a Hyalorbilia species growing on stromata of Diatrype/Eutypa on corticated wood from Fagus sylvatica as well as Buxus within the same woodland. As this is quite rare in the UK I was hoping for confirmation from a limited description I can provide. Apologises for the poor definition of the asci/spores although taken at 1000x but for some reason unclear.

Body: Pale yellow, translucent, slightly gelantinous, scattered with perhaps short stipe but unclear. 0.1 - 0.3mm, no hairs, paraphyses not seen but possible,
Ascospores: Not clear, but a few visible suggested at 2.3µm and subglobose showing with SBs -just. 
Asci: 18 - 24 µm x 4/5, bluing capped exudate? in iodine.
Excipulum: in rows like 'brickwork' prismata. 12 - 20 µm wide x 4/5. 
No conidia T-cells observed.

Apprecaite any help, with thanks
  • message #72458
  • message #72458
  • message #72458
  • message #72458
  • message #72458
Jean-Paul Priou, 12-04-2022 20:17
Jean-Paul Priou
Re : Hyalorbilia erythrostigma help
Clearly an Hyalorbilia,it seems to have more 8 spores in asci, difficult to count them !

It exists a pleioerythrostigma 16 spores from Australia !

JPP
Hardware Tony, 12-04-2022 21:22
Hardware Tony
Thks Jeen-Paul, entirely possible as I was involved in finding a new species of Basidiomycetes last October in the UK called Cruentomycena visidocruenta - more or less only found in Australia/NZ and new for Europe and beyond! It does appear to have spores at the lower level within the ascus and in Otto's immense Monograph on Orbiliomycetes he states it is even close to the target speces above! However, it appears that there are no SBs in the ascospores of H. pleioerythrostigma and the description of the Ectal excipulum suggested globulosa-angularis content, not sure what that is mind you! Also the only 16 spored species so many thks for highlighting this.

With tks  Tony
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-04-2022 21:34
Hans-Otto Baral
A blue iodine reaction is certainly not the case. Maybe a refraction effect.

The asci appear to me immature, I wonder if it is only immature H. inflatula.

H. erythrostigma is never cupulate and smaller, is the large apo not larger than 0.3 mm?
Hardware Tony, 12-04-2022 23:32
Hardware Tony
Thks Otto.

Must be refraction as observed in water as well.

However, still difficult to see as H. inflatula as the ascospores (what can be seen) do not appear thinly cylidrical at all, and what I have seen on the occasions of finding H. inflatula is that it is much larger, more translucent and flatter/sessile. Also I don't think this grows on stromata of other ascos?

The pic was taken through my scope at x40 mag, and so this was the 0.3mm sample, maybe very slightly bigger perhaps. 

Accept if you don't think this is H. erythrostigma. Annoyed I couldn't get my trusty 1000x to be clearer at the time.   Many thks   Tony
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-04-2022 23:55
Hans-Otto Baral
H. inflata actually often grew on other fungi, including stromata. Maybe I missed the detail where you see the spores.
Viktorie Halasu, 13-04-2022 08:40
Viktorie Halasu
Hello,
I found some pictures of immature Hyalorbilia asci filled with small vacuoles, some seemingly have a "nucleus". Looks a bit similar to Tony's photos. You can see the mature asci with spores too. 
Viktorie
Hardware Tony, 13-04-2022 09:38
Hardware Tony
Thks Viktorie for your solution. This probably explains the odd spherical looking spore growth and put this all down to a very immature H. inflatula as Otto indicates. To many oddities for something rarer especially when I found it on two different substrates 500 meters apart both in the same state. 
Thks again   Tony