26-04-2024 10:07

Mathias Hass Mathias Hass

Hello, Does anyone know what this is? Found on J

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Anamorphe frappante sur Nerium
Eric Strittmatter, 25-03-2009 17:45
Bonjour à tous,

un ami a trouvé cette anamorphe sur un Nerium qu'il a oublié dans son jardin pendant l'hiver. On n'est pas sûr qu'il s'agit d'un ascomycète au fait. Serait-il possible de nous donner une piste utilisant les images attachés (les mésures des conidies y sont donnés)? Il y a encore beaucoup des spécimens frais si vous avez besoin des traits additionels ou un part de la collection.

Veuillez suivre ce lien pour voir les images (cliquer sur l'images pour aggrandir): http://forum.fungiworld.com/index.php?topic=4523.0

Très amicalement et merci d'avance,
Eric

English version: Dear all,

a friend of mine has forgotten a Nerium in his garden for the recent winter and found some curious fungi on it. We are not sure wether that is even some ascomycete-related anamorph. Does someone recognize this fungus by chance or may give some hints where to look? The sizes of the conidiospores are given on the picture. There are still lots of fresh specimens available for further investigation or sending a sample.

Images can be seen here (click on the images in order to view them at a larger scale): http://forum.fungiworld.com/index.php?topic=4523.0

Thanks in advance and best wishes,
Eric
Christian Lechat, 25-03-2009 18:14
Christian Lechat
Re:Anamorphe frappante sur Nerium
I think it is a Tubercularia, anamorph of Nectria s. s.
This one looks like Tubercularia vulgaris
Amitiés,
Christian
Gary Samuels, 25-03-2009 19:42
This appears to be a Dacrymyces rather than an ascomycete (Tubercularia). In Dacrymyces you would want to look for a 'tuning fork' basidium and septate spores, but these might appear later. The unicellular spores illustrated might well be conidia. The pictures suggest that the fruit body is gelatinous, and the German text says that they revive in heavy rain, which also suggests a jelly of some sort. There are some good pictures of Dacrymyces species in Fungi of Switzerland and a treatment of the genus in REit, TBMS62, p433.
Christian Lechat, 26-03-2009 07:36
Christian Lechat
Dear Eric and Gary,
Eric, could you say to us if that changes color in KOK? I saw on your pictures acropleurogenous phyalides and cylindrical conidia, that is why I thought of Tubercularia. If you want, you can send it to me.

Eric Strittmatter, 26-03-2009 10:51
Dear Christian, dear Gary,

thanks a lot for your valuable comments. It still seems to be difficult to get an idea of this fungus only by viewing pictures.

@Christian, I'll give your adress (is the one given in 'Me contacter' the actual one?) to Udo. Do you prefer fresh or dried material?

So far, best regards,
Eric
Christian Lechat, 26-03-2009 11:11
Christian Lechat
Hi, Eric,
yes it is my address, I prefer dried material at room temperature

Thank you very much

Christian
Christian Lechat, 02-04-2009 09:30
Christian Lechat
Hi, Eric
I received the material, I confirm that it is Tubercularia vulgaris.
Sporodochia erumpent, stipitate or not, stipe when present becoming red in 3%KOH, conidiophore branching, acropleurogenous, coiled. Conidia oblong to cylindrical 5-10 x 1,5-3 µm.
Best whishes
Christian
  • message #7322
Eric Strittmatter, 03-04-2009 11:25
Hi Christian,

we thank you a lot for studying our fungus even though it was nothing spectacular in the end ;-). Frankly, I didn't get the idea 'T. vulgaris' by only looking at Udo's pictures. Very interesting!

Thanks again and best wishes from southwestern Germany,
Eric