Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Peziza badiofusca?
Viktorie Halasu, 17-08-2017 20:37
Viktorie HalasuHello,
I found this Peziza 10 days ago, in a mixed forest. Because of the blueish milk I arrived in keys to P. badiofusca, but the spores are a bit narrower and often have 2 LBs instead of one. E. Rubio has also a collection (ERD-6339) with about a half of the spores biguttulate, in my find it was maybe even more. Furthermore, it should be an autumn species. 

Excipulum not differentiated, globulose cells mixed with narrow hyphae throughout. 
Paraphyses straight, only a little enlarged. I didn't see the distinct brown pigment sticking on paraphyses, only little amount of light yellow-brown one. But the apothecia were under thick trees, probably didn't see direct sunlight, so it might be similar situation like with P. limnaea. 
Asci pleurorhynhous.
Spores from sporeprint, in LACB: 13,6-15,3 × 7,4-8,1 (8,4) um, Q = 1,7-1,9-2.

Is it still within the variability of P. badiofusca, or is it another species? I didn't find much descriptions of this species - is it so rare or just overlooked (or maybe confused with P. saccardoana and atrospora)? 
Thank you in advance.
Viktorie
  • message #50026
  • message #50026
  • message #50026
  • message #50026
  • message #50026
Stephen Mifsud, 04-01-2023 12:10
Stephen Mifsud
Re : Peziza badiofusca?
Hi, I have found something similar to your dark Peziza sp., but with a bit larger spores (16-19um long) and there are a couple of species that are difficult to tell apart, based on latex, spore ornamentation, hues of ascocarps, etc. In my research I have to put in the basket - P. saniosa, P. badiofusca, P. badiofuscoides and P. phlebospora (probably others). 

I dont know if you concluded something about yr finding...
Regards
Stephen
Viktorie Halasu, 04-01-2023 14:58
Viktorie Halasu
Hi Stephen,

I haven't give it a thought since that year, too many newer collections from other groups. I noted someone (perhaps Nicolas) mentioned a collection of "P. badia" from St.-Aubin-le-Vertueux (in Boudier's herbarium) illustrated by Le Gal 1937, which has larger spores, 16-17.25 × 9-10, but with similar ornamentation. I still have the specimen and can send it to anyone interested. I don't have much experience with Pezizas and frankly not so much time for them either. There's also a recent collection of a small pinkish white Peziza from sandy soil, tentatively labelled as albinotic P. phlebospora but I would need more time and comparative material to be sure of that.

Viktorie

• message #74785
Stephen Mifsud, 06-01-2023 10:37
Stephen Mifsud
Hello, thank you for replying. The variation and overlapping of some chracters (e.g. spore sizes) makes this group quite difficult to identify with certainty.  Problem is that I did not check the exudate which makes me even further cornered. I dont think your species is P. badia, but then we are just removing one species from a complex of 4 closeley related dark-coloured Peziza sp.  I do some further research and maybe post my finding... but  i think I wont get much further....

• message #74834