Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-08-2024 22:11

Thierry Blondelle Thierry Blondelle

Bonjour,Récolté au milieu d'un ruisseau. Est-il

22-08-2024 17:10

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I have this collection of Ciboria gallincola

22-08-2024 17:59

Edvin Johannesen Edvin Johannesen

Hi!I just wonder if Peziza badia can exude plenty

20-08-2024 23:32

Alden Dirks

Any ideas on what this Leotiomycetes growing on Ph

03-08-2024 11:30

Pablo Chacón

Buenos días. He leido  los dos trabajos "Speci

21-08-2024 17:40

dit JERRY (Joseph-Ernest) THORN

Bonjour,Ce petit champignon vert a été récolté

18-08-2024 14:08

Pablo Chacón

Hola. De vuelta con otra Genea. . Llego a Pseudove

18-08-2024 23:25

Patrice TANCHAUD

Bonjour, récolte réalisée en décembre sur feu

16-08-2024 14:04

Viktorie Halasu Viktorie Halasu

Hello, for the first time I've collected a Mollis

18-08-2024 12:35

Pablo Chacón

Buenos días,Os presento una Scutellinia que piend

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Scutellinia cf. pilati
Viktorie Halasu, 23-11-2016 19:59
Viktorie HalasuGood evening,
I would like to ask for your opinion on this Scutellinia. 
Growing on a log immersed in a mountain river, cold valley, 1350 m (northern Czech Rep.). Both apothecia were overgrown with algae, I found marginal hairs up to 900 um long, but some were broken, maybe it's not maximal length. Marginal hairs straight or slightly bent, never sinuate, with multifurcate and sometimes branching base. Spores (from sporeprint, measured already dead) (19,5) 20-21,8 (22,1) × (12,2) 12,7-13,8 (14,6) um, Q = 1,5-1,7, ornamented by very thin and low anastomosing ridges, hardly visible on the spore outline.

Microcharacters in higher resolution: http://tmp1.vize.name/myko/indet/S-pilati-Krkonose-7-9-2016.jpg

Given the habitat, spore size and ornamentation, I think it can be Scutellinia pilati. The ornamentation seems to me much finer than what I'm used to see on S. crinita. But maybe someone more experienced sees it differently?

Thank you in advance.
Viktorie
Nicolas VAN VOOREN, 23-11-2016 20:14
Nicolas VAN VOOREN
Re : Scutellinia cf. pilati
Yes, I think this is a good hypothesis.
Viktorie Halasu, 23-11-2016 20:20
Viktorie Halasu
Thank you, Nicolas!

By the way, do you have any trick what to do with the algae? They are especially problematic on carbonicolous fungi, e.g. when they completely cover the hairs of Anthracobia. Is there some chemical to either dissolve or at least decolorize them without damaging the mushroom?
Nicolas VAN VOOREN, 23-11-2016 20:28
Nicolas VAN VOOREN
Well, I don't if there is a way to "destroy" chemically the algae, but if they are present on apothecia it will be hard to separate them without damages...
Andreas Gminder, 29-07-2018 01:46
Andreas Gminder

Hello,

according to SVRCEK S. pilatii has hairs up to 280 µm only and remarkably pale to hyalin upper part - so why can this be S. pilatii nevertheless?

best regards,
Andreas

Andreas Gminder, 25-01-2022 07:27
Andreas Gminder
Hello Nicolas, hello all other Scutellinia friends,

as I also found a submersed Scutellnia two years ago which I tentatively named cf. pilatii.

Are there sequences for this species available? If so, I could do sequencing from my specimens too.

Do you know of other species of Scutellinia that might occure submersed in floating water? May be Sc. nigrohirtula - are there more?

thank you and all the best,
Andreas
Malcolm Greaves, 25-01-2022 10:44
Malcolm  Greaves
Andreas
Although Svreck has Pilati with hairs 280 Schumacher chooses 600-1600 and Benat >1000
Viktorie Halasu, 26-01-2022 01:15
Viktorie Halasu
Dear Andreas,

Velenovsky described the hairs as 2 mm x 25 um large, which roughly corresponds to his illustration. At the same time, he put it in Lachnea section "[beta]) Pili brevissimi, membranis tenuibus" together with short-haired members of Anthracobia, Pseudombrophila or Scutellinia. From the macrophotos of holotype (PRM 147295) sent to me by M. Sandova it is evident that the hairs are longer than Svrcek wrote, (160) 220-570 (650?) um, X = 420 um, N = 16.

The other thing is their shape and color. Both Velenovsky and Svrcek wrote they were dark brown just in the lower third, the rest being hyaline to yellowish and sometimes dull on top. Schumacher: "A common feature throughout the genus is a gradual discoloration of the hairs towards the apex, leaving the hairs yellowish to subhyaline above." I have one Scutellinia coll. (probably nigrohirtula) which grew on wood immersed 5 cm under water, the hairs are (light) brownish yellow. Also have I seen yellowish and crumpled hairs in some other (unrelated) collections.

I wonder about the hair roots in S. pilati holotype. I believe that hair bases correspond to their original length and if something has thick base with many roots, sometimes forked, then I would expect it falls among the long-haired species like scutellata or trechispora. Perhaps there are some slides with the type or T. Schumacher might have some notes from his type revisions?

The collection above is from the type locality of S. pilati but rather sparse. If you're interested in working on this taxon, I can try to ask for a permit to go there and collect a better specimen. (It's in I. zone of National Park now.)

Best wishes,
Viktorie