Search Looking for an item again. Who can help? T

06-07-2020 05:51

Yulia Lytvynenko Yulia Lytvynenko

Dear friends.Looking for a copy of the following w

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Asco jaune sur Equisetum
Patrice TANCHAUD, 06-05-2015 12:09
Bonjour,

récolte sur Equisetum. Apothécies inférieures à 1 mm, spores 9,5-12 x 2,2-3 µm. Asques 65-68 µm.
Merci d'avance pour vos suggestions.

Patrice
Hans-Otto Baral, 06-05-2015 12:59
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Asco jaune sur Equisetum
Dear Patrice
this is incredible! This year I plan to describe this as a new genus and species, together with danny Haelewaters who made the molecular part. It was collected once by Lucien Rommelaars on Equisetum in the North of Netherlands.

So i would very much lke to cite your collection, also include some of your photos. The spores are a bit narrower but otherwise I think there is good concordance. Do you have a photo of the Equisetum too? It would be a pleasure to include you in the authorship of the new species.

Images attached

Zotto
  • message #35632
  • message #35632
Patrice TANCHAUD, 06-05-2015 13:44
Great ! I will return to the field to try to find other apos. Also I will photograph the station and see what kind of Equisetum it is. I will keep you posted.
Thanks very much Zotto.

Patrice
Hans-Otto Baral, 06-05-2015 16:28
Hans-Otto Baral
I forgot to mention the anamorph on my second pic. Whether it belongs to the apothecia is not clear, so any further observation would be splendid. Danny wants to sequence this collection also, so please keep the material in dry state. I would also be pleased to see a part of it. You could either send me enough and I can send Danny a part, or send both of us.

Zotto
Patrice TANCHAUD, 06-05-2015 23:06
Yes Zotto, I saw your photo with conidia but I did not answer because I wanted to make new microscopy. Here they are, on some apothecia, I do not find conidia, three Apothecia I found two types (see doc 4).
The Equisetum is not determinable at this time, I will tell you the result.
As shown on the photo in doc 3, I harvested new stems with numerous apothecia. If I understand, I dry them and I send to you ?
Thanks.

Patrice

Patrice TANCHAUD, 06-05-2015 23:07
Doc 3 with Equisetum ant new apos.
Hans-Otto Baral, 07-05-2015 09:34
Hans-Otto Baral
Great! So you have the very same conidia there, as I see on one of your pics.

Please consider that it is disadvantageous to have the scale over the photos. Your photos are so splendid that it would be a pity when I want to use them for publication.

When you have enough material I suggest to put in the mail one portion air-dried and the other moist with some moss etc. Then we have optimum chance.

Thanks a lot! And please tell me the collection data.
Zotto

Patrice TANCHAUD, 07-05-2015 10:17
I know you do not like the scale appears in photos. When I started, I installed my photographs on the eyepiece tube where there is the micrometer, and I confess that I appreciate his presence because this is a means of control, knowing that I photograph x50, x100, x400 and x1000. My tube is not suitable for the second eye which is not of the same size.
I will prepare the package I'll post next Monday or Tuesday, I'll go get fresh apos the day before.
STE GEMME (Charente-Maritime) "La Grande Vergne".
Thanks.

Patrice
Hans-Otto Baral, 07-05-2015 10:23
Hans-Otto Baral
I wonder how you can recognize the magnification because the eyepiece scale should not change in size?

I know La Petite Vergne where you collected Orbilia quaestiformis. :-)

Thanks a lot!
Patrice TANCHAUD, 07-05-2015 10:39
Right. If necessary, it is in my personal notes, here it is clear in the pictures as examples.
Excellent memory for my O. quaestiformis.
Thanks.

Patrice
Chris Yeates, 07-05-2015 11:42
Chris Yeates
Lovely fungus!
The Equisetum looks like E. palustre . . .

amitiés
Chris
Hans-Otto Baral, 07-05-2015 12:02
Hans-Otto Baral
it is my database, not memory.
Patrice TANCHAUD, 08-05-2015 11:01
Merci Chris pour ton avis, le nom d'E. arvense et d'E. maximum m'ont également été proposés.
Thanks Chris, E. arvense and E. maximum have been proposed too.

Patrice
Erwin Gruber, 09-06-2016 19:47
Hello Patrice,

i am pretty sure the host species is Equisetum arvense, but not E. palustre or telmateia (syn. maximum).

Hello Zotto,

have collected some pieces of dead E. variegatum with several stalked cup shaped ascomata last Sunday when searching for Stamnaria cf. "poeltii" at Grießbach without success.
I did not analyze these, do not know if the fungi are specific to E. or with wide substrate range.
Thus i may not exclude the ascomycete discussed here could be present.
Please tell me if you liked to get the samplings from two localities, i got no microscope to prove it myself.

Kind regards

Erwin
Erwin Gruber, 09-06-2016 20:55
Now i am aware that Zotto and Danny have published the fungus in question as Rommelaarsia flavovirens, and the host had been IDed correctly as E. arvense.

Had a look so far at now dried shoots of collected E. variegatum, got no impression there could be this Rommelaarsia.
Apothecia hardly visible without magnification, substrate and habitat differing.
Hans-Otto Baral, 09-06-2016 21:14
Hans-Otto Baral
Hallo Erwin, da bin ich beruhigt dass wir die richtige Wirts-ID haben.

Was du da gesammelt hast, ist das jetzt eine Stamnaria oder was  Rommelaarsia-Ähnliches?
Lieber nicht schicken, für Trockenmaterial hab ich schon gra keine Zeit. Und Makro kannst du auch nicht machen?
Gruß
Zotto
Erwin Gruber, 09-06-2016 22:01
Hallo Zotto,

habe da sicher keine Stamnaria und auch nicht Rommelaarsia gefunden.
Die Apothezien sind schon mit der Lupe schwer auszumachen auf den fast gleichfärbigen Stenglein, da bekomm ich kein brauchbares Foto zustande.
Habe das am letzen Sonntag gesammelt, die Pilzchen könnten noch lebend sein, aber ich weiß daß du mehr als ausgelastet bist.
Die Sammlung entstammt der letzten Nachkontrolle auf Stamnaria, die kleinen weißen Discos waren das einzig sichtbare außer manch schwarzen Flecken.

R. flavovirens sollte doch weiter verbreitet sein, E. arvense ist keine Seltenheit.
Bei Gelegenheit werde ich danach suchen, neue Aufsammlungen der S. mougeotii möchte ich heuer noch finden, muß mich eben besser einteilen.

LG

Erwin
Hans-Otto Baral, 09-06-2016 22:09
Hans-Otto Baral
Manche Arten sind halt atlantisch verbreitet, aber das weiß man bei R. flavovirens jetzt noch nicht.

Wenn dein Pilz weiß ist, dann denle ich zu allererst an Psilachnum inquilinum, aber den wirst du kennen.
Erwin Gruber, 10-06-2016 11:17
Ja, Psilachnum inquilinum ist wahrscheinlich, kenn ich von früher, kann ich freilich ohne mikro Analyse nicht bestimmen, nur mutmaßen.
P. equisetinum sollte deutlich stärker gelbe Apos haben, falls das so stimmt.
Ich weiß nicht ob oder wann ich Gelegenheit habe das zu mikroskopieren, ist mir auch nicht dringlich, war eher ein "Beifund".
Sollte ich auf etwas R.-verdächtiges stoßen geb ich gleich Bescheid, die Saison dafür dürfte bald vorbei sein.

Erwin
Hans-Otto Baral, 10-06-2016 11:31
Hans-Otto Baral
Dieses P. equisetinum habe ich nie gesehen. ich kenne auch keine andere Literaturstelle als Svrcek und Velenovsky.
Erwin Gruber, 10-06-2016 11:56
Ich denke auch keine Bestimmung auf P. equisetinum gemacht zu haben, kann mich zumindest nicht erinnern.
Die Art sollte abgeklärt werden und Svrceks Zuordnung überprüft, Quelets Typen sind wahrscheinlich schwer zugänglich und für Sequenzierungen zu alt.
Wie bei R. f. sende ich lebende Apos bei Fundverdacht, will mal gezielt suchen.
Den Fundort von S. cf. poeltii nahe dem Grießbach in der Obersteiermark kann ich dafür abhaken, besagter Pilz konnte sich dort offenbar nicht etablieren, der Wirtsbestand von E. variegatum dürfte bei Reinigung des kleinen Baches verkleinert worden sein.
Trotzdem hat das Suchen nach dem Regen Spaß gemacht!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/erwin_styria68/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/erwin_styria68/albums/72157669439534316
Hans-Otto Baral, 10-06-2016 12:05
Hans-Otto Baral
Danke für die links, das macht richtig Laune!